Sunday, November 1, 2009

Zeros and Ones

For a long time now I have been meaning to setup a blog only and only for geeks. Being part geek means that there are many things I love talking about especially about programming and all things around this domain.

The programming world has changed a lot since the time I wrote my first program in BASIC. Many of these have made the programmers life easier, some not so. I suppose that's part of the journey any new technology must go through before it comes of age.

Programming is a science related to computers but its also a form of expression for those who love to create new and fascinating pieces of technology. When it becomes a form of expression can we just call it science?
I don't think so. I believe that when you program for the love of creating something new, it takes on the form of art. Having spent many years writing code (I have forgotten in how many languages now) I now write code only for the love of programming.

In this blog I hope to share some of these experiences and learnings I have gathered over the years. I would love your comments and feedback.

About me... Hmmm... I don't know how to talk about myself. There are many fancy terms in the Information Technology world like Solution Architects, Enterprise Architects, Network Architects, Delivery Managers, Technology Managers, Account Managers, Project Managers, Application Development Managers, Team Leads, Resource Managers and as many as your fancy suits you. But in reality there are only 2 kinds of roles in Information Technology. Those who write can write code and those who cannot. I believe that I am one of the former...


Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment